Solar PV System Installations
Our 5 Step Solar Panel System Process
- Phone Consultation and Budget
- Site Visit, Hydro Bill Audit. Electrical, Structural and Roofing Evaluation
- Engineering and Quote
- Application for permits and net metering. Design system
- Installation and online monitoring
Solar Site Assessment
A detailed and comprehensive solar panel site assessment is a necessary step for any solar panel installation.
A typical site assessment includes the following:
- Accurate measurements of roof or ground space including locations of plumbing stacks, chimneys, skylights, attic vents, etc
- Shading analysis from proposed location for solar (sometimes several points need to be analyzed to determine the best location) – this data is used to provide accurate energy production estimates
- Discussion with home or business owner to determine route of cable from site of solar electric array to location of inverter/mains panel
Rikur Energy will provide preliminary ballpark cost, energy production, and an economic analysis specific to your home/building through email as a first step. We would be pleased to provide a free and comprehensive site assessment after this initial step. For new construction residential and commercial projects, Rikur Energy can provide a design and quote directly from the drawings for the building.
What Is The Residential Solar Installation Process Like From Start To Finish?
- Getting started and understanding the process can often be fraught with uncertainty for those unfamiliar with the industry. Many questions arise; Rikur Energy is here to answer your specific question. We provide turn-key systems and take care of all of the permitting, grid connection application, etc.
Here Is A List Of The Steps For A Typical Solar PV System Installation:
- Initial estimate – If high-quality satellite images are available, we can provide accurate estimates for system size and energy production for your specific house.
- Site assessment – We visit the site to obtain detailed site-specific information required for a solar installation including detailed roof measurements, electrical capacity of your electrical system and a shading analysis (if required). For a new construction home, Rikur Energy can design a system right from the architectural drawings.
- System design & quote – Rikur Energy will design a system specific to your roof space, budget and electricity needs. We will provide you with a design showing what your home will look like with solar on the roof as well as an economic analysis.
- Permitting and grid connection application – Rikur Energy takes care of ALL the permitting required (Electrical, Building and/or Development permits) and the application to interconnect the system to the grid.
- Installation and commissioning – By our highly trained and experienced installation crews.